Ocean Operations Coordinator
A Watco Companies subsidiary, Watco Supply Chain Services was created for one reason: to provide our Customers with world-class supply chain solutions. Watco Supply Chain Services has inherited a rich history of taking care of the Customer.
Our experienced team is made up of industry-knowledgeable people that take great pride in their work and care deeply for our Customers. Along with the latest technology, we are able to offer our Customers the most efficient, cost effective supply chain solutions.
- This position reports to the Branch Manager and will be a valuable resource in the continuous goal of exceptional customer service.
- The right candidate will be called upon to allocate your tremendous wealth of knowledge and accumulated experience to the successful movement of oversized Cargo. He or she will be skilled at building strong relationships with key accounts as well as a demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize workload in an efficient manner.
- Mainly ocean export/import forwarding operations including inland services Rate negotiation with vendors; interact with customers, vendor and foreign agents with excellent service and manner; obtain new bookings from current customers Provide the best shipping option as per customer's requirements
- A to Z efficient daily operations from inquiries, bookings, documentation, customer service, billing instruction to closing of shipments
- The coordination of challenging shipments as required by clients of the branch requires a great deal of responsibility when you deal with these interesting and exciting freight movements. Those shipments may cross all modes of transportation and may include many over-sized loads. Thus, you must be well versed in all modes of freight and have excellent experience with oversized/project cargo.
Ocean Transportation Services:
- Registered Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier
- Contractual agreements with all major ocean carriers for containerized freight
- Extensive break-bulk and RO-RO network
- Specialize in large scale installation, construction and project cargo
- At least 3-5 years of experience and knowledge in the freight forwarding industry required
- Customer service oriented, excellent manner with customers, vendors and partners
- Knowledge of SHIPPING CONTRACT, BILL OF LADING, LETTERS OF CREDIT and other relevant documents
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Very organized and attention to details
- Know how to prioritize the work
- Willing to work as a team and help each other
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- MUST be able to keep up with fast pace, and be able to handle multiple tasks