Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The primary responsibility of the Chemical Processor is to perform both chemical and mechanical treatments to finished components prior to plating and/or pre-assembly inspection. These processes often provide the finishing touches necessary to complete the transition from a finish ground product to a completed component ready for final inspection and assembly. This function is critical in terms of personal safety and final product integrity.
- Perform chemical milling of retainers through use of Acid Deburr process.
- Apply corrosive resistant coating to components through use of Black Oxide process.
- Remove corrosive surface impurities from stainless steel through use of Passivation process.
- Neutralize corrosion in steel components through use of Solution B process.
- Clean and preserve components in preparation for plating and/or pre- assembly inspection through use of Superwash process.
- De-Smut/Vibratory deburr components to achieve specified corner breaks and surface finishes through use of Tumble process.
- Perform Post-Tumble cleaning prior to visual inspection through use of Tumble Wash process.
- Perform visual inspection of own work to determine process adequacy.
- Perform calibration and chemical analysis of all processes prior to use.
- Make chemical/media adds as necessary to maintain systems within specified percentage tolerances.
- Drain and rebuild tanks/drums as necessary to change out media and/or in preparation for maintenance/service events.
- Train personnel as required.
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates Powered Equipment
Specific Physical Requirements:
U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder is required due to munitions products.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.