|US Customs Brokerage Lead Agent
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Post Date:||07/09/19||Company:||DHL Global Forwarding|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
Job Title:US Customs Brokerage Lead Agent
Job Location: Houston, TX
We have an exciting opportunity for a US Customs Brokerage Lead Agent to own and manage customer accounts' daily operations. This position will be based at our Houston, TX location.
• Production or support role requiring advanced skills; can perform more critical functions or tasks which fall outside the norm
• Monitor Work Distribution or email box for assigned files
• Expert advisor to internal and external customers
• Monitor Work Distribution and/or email box to identify incoming queries
• Assist in document collection (Powers of Attorney, etc.) in order to effect new account and/or new shipment processing
• Field issues and escalations and record and action appropriately
• Ensure appropriate docs are provided to necessary parties once obtained
• Coordinate dispatching and deliveries of import customer's good to final location
• Resolve internal/external customer complaints / irregularities
• Assist with Partner Government Agencies (PGA) where necessary
• Research shipment-specific issues, log Quality Management incident, facilitate corrective action (where possible) and provide to supervisor/manager
• Special projects under the department manager's guidance
• Ability to work independently in both day-to-day tasks as well as problem solving
• Other tasks as assigned
Skills / Requirements:
• Maintain positive and professional internal customer relationships
• Provide guidance to other DHL colleagues on required information / documentation
• Ability to communicate status updates as outlined in policy and procedure
• Ability to review department specific reporting and adjust processes according to data
• Utilize Microsoft Excel to open and update existing spreadsheets, copy, and paste
• Utilize Microsoft Outlook to send and respond to email messages, compose messages, use folders to organize messages, schedule own appointments, save and archive email messages
• Utilize Microsoft PowerPoint to open and review slides presented
• Utilize Microsoft Word to create a basic document, edit documents, and proof documents to make them more accurate
• Utilize Microsoft iShare to open and navigate documents.
• Ability to effectively utilize DHL systems to:
oEfficiently complete job functions in Customs Management / Alliance including shipment processing, updating of data elements, perform queries, resolve validations, shipment tracing, and navigation between screens.
oIndex, load, and view documents into EDM imaging environment
• HS diploma or GED required
• Generally 2-4 years of experience in area of responsibility
• Effectively identifies problems as they occur and takes appropriate steps to solve more complex problems
• Applies advances critical thinking skills to resolve problems with minimal supervisory oversight
• Full awareness ofDHL systems (Customs Management, Alliance, EDM)
• Some awareness of external systems (Exworks Dispatching, Carrier websites, USCBP)
• Demonstrates thorough understanding of routine aspects of work
• Effectively applies own skills to accomplish tasks
• Readily learns and applies new information/concepts in area of practice
• Assignments require thorough knowledge of:
oDHL's import manual's best practices
oDocument Recognition: Master/House Bill, Commercial Invoice, Packing List, Arrival Notice, etc
oPort of Entry (Bonded vs. First Port)
WHY JOIN our DHL team?
At DHL, you will be part of a strong team that respects its' employees, society, and environment.You will interact with people from all over the world and get the chance to experience the unique international spirit of DHL.We offer benefits and programs to help you manage your time at and away at work to achieve a healthy work/life balance.DHL offers highly competitive compensation, incentive, and bonus plans.
In addition, DHL offers the following:
• Paid time off: Holiday, Float Holiday, Vacation, and Sick
• Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision plans
• 401K plan with a match
• Employee Discount plan
• Tuition Assistance Plan
As the world's leading logistics' company, DHL offers a wide range of interesting job challenges and opportunities in our different divisions around the globe. Our performance management system supports us in recognizing your potential, evaluating your performance, and continuously planning the development of your career with DHL.We will always enable you to take on responsibility and encourage your growth, personally and professionally.
We are proud of our history and what we have created, a global market leader with 30,000 passionate employees. Our aspiration is to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF, because we have:
• The largest global network with more than |30,000 passionate employees
• The most efficient processes and fastest response times
• The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World
About DHL Global Forwarding (DGF):
DHL Global Forwarding (DGF) is the world leader in air freight services and one of the leading providers of ocean freight services. Around 30,000 employees work to ensure the transport of all kinds of shipments by air or sea. DGF's logistics solutions span the entire supply chain, from the factory to the shop floor. They also include special transport-related services.
Our business model is very asset-light, as it is based on the brokerage of transport services between customers and freight carriers. We consolidate shipments to achieve higher volumes, purchase cargo space at better conditions and optimize network utilization. Our global presence means we can offer a variety of routing options and meet our customers' increasing demand for multimodal shipments.
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world's leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
DHL Global Forwarding will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which visa sponsorship will be provided. Individuals who need sponsorship for work authorization, now or in the future, are not eligible for hire for this role.