Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a range of logistics services. For 88 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent services to the world. With more than 29,000 employees and 396 locations at home and abroad, we are one of Europe's largest logistics service providers. Our growth in the global logistics market place has been made possible through our prompt reaction to market changes, a uniform business strategy and, in particular, the dedication and experience of our employees.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a knowledgeable Air / Ocean Import Specialist to join its Charlotte Office. This position will support DACHSER USA's import activities.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinate and monitor air or ocean freight import shipments end to end.
- Proactively communicate disruptions and troubleshoot issues.
- Insure shipments are picked up and shipped / flown as booked from origin locations across the world.
- Manage and execute the flow of information and documents for each process.
- Arrange final mile delivery.
- Insure SOP and tariff compliance, along with best practices and efficiencies.
Requirements of the position include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- 3 years freight forwarding (3PL) experience.
- Ability to interpret or apply rates to make bookings with truckers, air and ocean carriers.
- Hazardous Materials experience a plus.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service required. Position will interact with customers by phone and email mostly.
- Professional demeanor, excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
DACHSER USA offers a generous benefits package and competitive salary.