Director Compliance in Vinings, GA
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For 88 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs 29,000 people worldwide in 396 branches globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable Director Compliance to join its Regional Office located in the Vinings area of Atlanta, GA.
The Director Compliance leads the US & foreign trade compliance function and acts as a subject matter expert for global trade compliance matters. This person will be accountable for all customs-related operations and compliance with all import/export laws, provide strategic advice to the company on trade matters, implement global trade compliance policies and procedures and support the company's growth from a global export/import compliance perspective. This position also serves on the Executive Board.
Duties of the position include:
- Manages US import/export regulations, Brokerage Program, CFS Warehouse Program, TSA's Indirect Air Carrier Program, FMC NVOCC Program, ISF and C-TPAT Certifications.
- Provides guidance to executive team on various regulatory programs and contract negotiations.
- Drafts, publishes, trains and implements SOPs to all operational staff regarding import/export regulations.
- Coordinates with overseas partners and agents for implementation and compliance of US regulations.
- Creates and administers training to employees and clients on changes to US or Foreign Trade Regulations.
- Manages annual branch audits of all US branch locations.
- Manages shipper's interest insurance program including processing and negotiating claim settlements between customers and vendors.
- Supports client sales visits by serving as the company's compliance expert.
- Interfaces and directs IT group on various compliance tools managed within transport management system.
- Manages customs software tools, provides reports, and monitors operations teams compliance within IT tools.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Requirements of the position include:
- Valid Customs Brokerage License required. Acts as qualifier for National Permit Holder.
- BS/BA degree preferred or equivalent related work experience.
- 7 years of related work experience working in Customs Brokerage and international freight forwarding. with progressive management responsibility preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with US Customs and Foreign Trade Regulations.
- CCS and CES certifications preferred.
- Proven experience in motivating teams, along with the ability to build strong rapport, establish trust and credibility through a consultative approach.
- Robust planning, organizational and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.