This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Warehouse Manager | Int'l Freight Forwarder
International Logistics Services provider in business for over 35 years.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations.
Leading and manage a team responsible for different aspects of the operation including: inventory, logistics, labor, shipping and receiving, safety, equipment and property management. Work with outside Agency to supplement the labor force based on volume.
- Salary:$ will dep. on exp.
- Hours: 8:00am- 5:00pm Monday – Friday
- Location: Carson, CA
- Benefits: Medical Ins., PTO - Vacation/ Personal / Floating Days
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 8 years of experience in high volume, Whs. / distribution operations.
- Managerial level of warehouse and distribution activities.
- College degree preferred
- Up to date knowledge of OSHA within warehouse and distribution operations.
- Microsoft Excel skills
- "WMS" experience
- Experience in managing to a budget with good math skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day Whs. operations - process inbound containers, outbound FCL, LTL and express shipments.
- Maintains a safe operating environment with a constant eye on being proactive in safety practices. Conduct monthly safety meetings in conjunction with Facilities/Safety Manager
- Use established KPI's to monitor productivity and motivate employees to increase performance.
- Manpower planning, time Mgt., workflow planning and administering discipline when required.
- Ensure inventory accuracy is maintained at company standards of 99% or greater.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all inbound and outbound shipments, safeguarding of all assets and maintaining the facility in good state of repair.
- Mentor and train support staff by providing operational advice and industry knowledge.
- Maximize the storage of goods while minimizing costs.
- Develop strategies focused on reducing costs, reducing lead-times and increasing inventory turns & order turnaround time's.
- Work cross-functionally with all areas of the company to ensure effective coordination of logistics, warehousing and customer service activities.
- Send resume online below
Applicants with qualifications matching the above, will be contacted
Talmo & Associates, Inc. is recognized throughout the U.S. as the leading
Staffing / Search firm for the Transportation Industry.
Services include: Executive search, Direct hire, temporary, temp and payroll services.
#warehousemanager #distribution #logisticsmanager
Call (855) 293-6349 to speak to someone today
Apply Online Below!