|Region Manager (Logistics Operations)
|Send this Job to a Friend|
|Job Type:||Full Time||Phone:|
|Education:||High School / GED||Fax:|
|Experience:||6 months - 2 years||Mailing Address:|
This position could be based out Ohio or Michigan. There are a number of possible domicile locations in these markets.
The Region Manager will have overall responsibility for a single large strategic customer with multiple locations or several customers encompassing a broad geographic area. Primary objective is to ensure each location is operating efficiently based on Penske's contractual commitments while ensuring strong business relationships and confidence are established and maintained. Build account stability and customer satisfaction by focusing operations managers on continuous improvement opportunities. Pursue vertical growth opportunities through both local customer interaction and Customer Experience Team process.
- Provides opportunities for associates to work on meaningful projects to increase knowledge sharing and development, Interview and hire salaried associates up to Region Manager level, Develop, mentor and promote strong performers at all levels of operations, Exemplify the Penske culture and commitment to integrity and code of ethics.
- Develop tactical and strategic plans to build talent pipeline through associate development, meet profit and growth objectives, Drive consistent operational performance across all locations with a focus on safety, service and cost, Ensure all operations are optimally staffed and organized to maximize performance and service delivery.
- Manages P&L & revenue growth for multiple regions or territories, Identifies synergies among all of the locations to drive productivity and to implement best practice, Works with the Operations Managers to develop and implement business plans to improve financial performance year over year, Negotiates with customers for rate increases, scope changes, etc.
- Instill in the operations leadership team and associates that safe performance is a critical element required to achieve success and is a recognized indicator of individual and team effectiveness, Actively participate in the development and effective execution of location strategies and performance goals, Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
Growth / Customer Experience:
- Understand the competitive landscape of the customer's business across the globe and align resources to develop a solution, Work with Customer Experience Team to develop and maintain the strategic growth plan for the customer, Establish and maintain relationships with key decision makers at multiple levels within the customer's organization.
- Develop a balanced fleet/asset approach that promotes utilization, safety, service and driver success, Maintain visibility to units on order and units terming to ensure equipment is properly situated in a timely manner.
Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management preferred
• 6 - 10 years related functional experience, with P&L responsibility
• 3 - 5 years managerial experience
• Industry certifications preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
• Project Management, including the ability to start-up or close-down an operation
• Engineering and IT awareness, including supply chain modeling
• Knowledge of Penske tools and technology (DCC, DCM, LLP/TM)
• Multiple Supply Chain Service Line experience preferred ((DCC, DCM, LLP/TM)
• Problem Solving / Process Improvement
• Executive level presentation skills
• Self-starter and highly motivated
• Highly organized and able to prioritize initiatives
• Financial acumen
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.