Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position exists to provide electrical engineering design, build, and maintenance support for a variety of end customer related product and application testing efforts necessary to insure accurate, consistent, and timely project results. This position is responsible for applying advanced technology for machine electrical controls and data acquisition systems as well as directing contractors to meet project objectives.
Main Responsibilities include the following:
- Electrical design and build: This associate is to survey the needs of the desired test program, consulting with project engineers and lab technicians. They assemble a list of control and instrumentation requirements, dictated by the test program needs. The associate determines the control hardware and software which will meet the requirements and designs the control system utilizing Computer Aided Design tools for system layout and wiring. They order the required hardware and software and assemble/wire the control system hardware. They design software logic for machine PLC controllers and provide data acquisition design on a machine as well as a lab level. They provide startup, calibration, and debug of the electrical control systems.
- Provide guidance for electrical contractors - This associate oversees the construction and installation of electrical control systems for testing lab machinery performed by outside electrical contractors. They provide Computer Aided Design drawings and other information as necessary to facilitate completion of the project.
- Consultation with outside engineering firms - This associate provides engineering guidance and design approvals for engineering firms contracted by Timken for test machinery designs. They work with firms to advise them on the selection of hardware and software to meet the requirements of the testing machine that is being constructed. They evaluate the performance of the engineering firm for future contracts.
- Calibration of machine controls - This associate establishes and maintains QS9000 based calibration procedures for test machine control and data measurement systems.
- Communicate closely with pipe fitters, machinists, sheet metal workers, machine operators, engineers, design technicians, safety inspectors, and others, so that machinery may be constructed as efficiently as possible using the proper tools and procedures as outlined in various safety and electrical codes.
- Keep informed about new types of electrical, electronic, and microprocessor controls by studying technical manuals, video tapes, attending factory schools and seminars, and working with field service engineers so that these controls may be integrated into future machine controls with the least amount of difficulty, confusion, and expense possible.
- This position assists with maintenance activities of facility electrical systems.
- Ability to design and develop PLC logic
- Ability to design and develop HMI programming
- Understanding of NEC code and the ability to make decisions based upon it.
- Proficient in basic and advanced electrical tools (multimeters, o-scopes, data acquisition systems)
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft office)
- Must be able to read mechanical, civil and electrical prints
- Must be proficient in CADAM or AutoCad
- Knowledgeable in motor drive controls and tuning
Required: Associates Degree in Electrical Technology or Timken Electrical Training Program with 6-8 years of experience in PLC and HMI programming
Preferred: Bachelor Degree in Electrical Technology or Engineering with 4 years of experience in PLC and HMI programming
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.