Distribution Center Supervisor
Success is always in style at the TJX Companies! Ideal candidates will join us from all walks of life whether you are a new college graduate or transitioning from the military. You may have a more traditional background in distribution or manufacturing or your leadership skills may have been gained working in the restaurant, airline, hotel, retail or auto industries.
Utilize your leadership and operational talents to be a part of a collaborative team working towards executing, delivering and achieving business goals and objectives.
After an in-depth and personalized training period, you will be involved and accountable for the following:
- Collaborate across departments to ensure the highest level of customer service to internal and external partners
- Develop strong communication channels within the departments and across the operation to ensure a smooth transition from one shift to the next
- Provide continuous direction to Associates regarding proper work methods to help increase Associate performance and business productivity
- Engage, develop and motivate Associates while ensuring morale is at a high level through appropriate interventions, such as probationary reviews, performance goal setting, and frequent and candid conversations in order to drive high performing individuals and teams.
- Manage in a safe workplace by advocating safety training and ensure accident preparedness is adhered to through excellent housekeeping standards.
- Inspire and foster an environment where diverse backgrounds are respected and valued
- Review and analyze KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) reports in a timely manner to ensure meaningful data is reported both internal and externally.
- In partnership with Human Resources, anticipate manpower needed to ensure workload demands are established to execute productivity
- Ensure operational productivity and effectiveness levels are set, maintained and continuously improved.
- Responsible for administration of the payroll function for associates through the Kronos payroll system, ensuring hours are processed daily and absences are recorded accurately
Essential Job Requirements:
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with business partners, Associates, union representatives and management
- Capacity to analyze operational practices and apply to daily production requirements
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and apply them accordingly
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict by providing guidance, feedback and coaching
- Excellent computer skills
- Flexibility to work all shifts
- Openness to future relocation for promotional opportunities/TJX offers excellent relocation packages