Your Career Begins at Cone Drive, a Timken Company
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Cone Drive, a Timken Company. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Senior Human Resources Generalist position is primarily responsible for providing overall HR support for the Traverse City and Ludington facilities. The person in this role is responsible for all recruiting and staffing activities for the Company, maintaining the HRIS systems, (MySuccess, Kronos, ACT, BeneTrac), FMLA administration, and for managing all benefits administration. The person in this role will provide support for continuous improvement initiatives, for training activities, and for system/process integration/upgrade.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of recruiting and staffing for Traverse City, Ludington, and remote employees, including outlining job requirements, initiating ads/postings, pre-screening candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting interviews, providing offers, scheduling new hire orientation, conducting new hire orientation, and arranging all necessary background checks/physicals, etc.. Corresponding with all selected and non-selected candidates.
- Responsible for insurance management, billing, and employee questions related to coverage. Prior experience in changing vendors/plans a plus.
- Responsible for maintaining the HRIS system related to new hire input, manpower moves in the shop, leaves of absence, wage increases, demographic changes, and org structure changes, (terminations, retirements, transfers, promotions, etc.).
- Develop a network of resources for recruiting candidates with colleges, universities, and online recruiting sites. This includes coordinating job fairs, developing relationships, managing the internship program, and ensuring the utilization of the most effective recruiting resources available.
- Making continuous improvements to the processes in HR, such as maximizing the potential in the HRIS system, benefit management system, improving the orientation process for new hires, forms/records development, streamlining the attendance tracking program, etc.
- Provide broad HR support to Traverse City, Ludington, and remote employees and supervisors, including answering policy questions, managing leaves of absence, ensuring consistency with the shop attendance policies, and assisting with the management of all benefit plans.
- Provide functional support for special projects in the HR department, such as labor negotiations, benefit re-design, system conversions, policy/process re-design, etc.
- Training related to HR systems for employees.
Job Requirements / Knowledge and Experience
- 3-5 years of demonstrated success in a general Human Resources role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Recruiting skills and demonstrated success and creativity related to the recruitment process.
- Solid benefits administration experience, including health, pension, 401k, and FMLA.
- Report design and generation experience for an HR data system, (HRIS) and benefit administration database.
- Data generation and manipulation related to employee information, benefit information, and census/wage information.
- Knowledge of legal requirements related to insurance, COBRA, ERISA, FMLA, Worker's Comp, OSHA/MiOSHA, DOL, Wage & Hour, PPACA, Healthcare Reform, and HIPAA.
- Good customer rapport, conflict management and problem solving capabilities.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Willingness to travel to the Ludington facility to provide support and training.
- Strong computer skills, (Microsoft Office), including spreadsheet creation and manipulation.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.