ICAT Logistics' goal is to be the workplace of choice for the best and brightest. The attraction of top talent and hiring of A players is our corporate focus. Our mission of helping all we touch grow begins with our ICAT teammates. We recruit, hire and train based on experience and strengths and often modify a position for the best fit.
Our teammates truly understand our mission and are empowered to find the right solutions for our clients, resulting in the WOW feeling they have come to expect from ICAT. Entrepreneurialism, self-determination, and love of learning are just a few of the characteristics that describe our people. Family atmosphere, personal growth and mutual support are attributes we strive for.
From the first office in Baltimore opened in 1993, ICAT has expanded to 14 offices in the US and to over 100 global affiliate partners. ICAT has won awards and industry accreditations both regionally and nationally. Both financially strong and forward thinking, ICAT is poised for unprecedented growth. Do you have what it takes to join the ICAT team?
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
General Purpose of job:
To execute daily activities and customer service functions of the BWI International department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for day to day coordination, execution and tracking of air and/or ocean export shipments
- Prioritize, schedule and arrange pickups
- Prepare rate quotations
- Complete related documentation (including airway bills, pick-up orders and manifest) between customers, vendors, forwarders, brokers and government agencies
- Book space with carriers
- Liaise with overseas offices and agents
- Other emergent duties and projects that may be requested in support of ICAT's fast paced environment
Minimum Job Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years International Ocean / Air Export experience in the freight forwarding industry
- College degree preferred but not required
- Must have working knowledge of air and/or ocean freight exports, US Customs, consolidations, NVOCC, tariff's air carrier terminology and TSA regulations
- Natural ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work setting
- Impeccable customer service skills, ability to build trust and maintain relationships within the business
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) effectively in a diverse multicultural environment
- Able to meet deadlines and have superior time management skills
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Highly motivated team player with an outgoing and positive work attitude
- Review operations and make suggestions for increased efficiencies
- Review standard operation procedures to insure compliance
- Work directly with sales team and other office locations as needed
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office products and daily PC use
- Knowledge of air/ocean freight carriers and a background in TSA and CT-PAT compliance
- Must be able to complete an AWB, make a cargo booking & coordinate domestic pickups
- Must be able to properly file an AES
- Thorough working knowledge of preparing rate proposals
- Must have experience handling air and/or ocean freight from origin to destination
- Knowledge in international export applicable laws and regulations; DG certification is a plus
- Familiar with export documentation, CI, PL, COO, POA, insurance certificates, etc.
- Comfortable communicating effectively with overseas partners
- Experience negotiating rates with airlines, trucking companies, overseas partners, etc.
- Has excellent interpersonal relationships with major airlines and business partners
- Solid knowledge of international and domestic geography, including countries & major cities
- Courteous, diplomatic, and able to sensitively manage personal relationships across different cultures while working within tight response deadlines
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills in a logistics environment
- Strong work ethic with a persistence in pursuit of objectives
- Understands and responds to situations that require a sense of urgency
- Consistent in follow-up and follow-through
- Credible with a high level of personal integrity
- Loyal and dedicated to the success of colleagues and team members
- Optimistic outlook toward all activities, able to transmit this optimism to others
o Will naturally adopt ICAT's core values and seamlessly assimilate into ICAT's culture