A $4 Billion global organization with over 18,000 employees, renowned for delivering confidence, comfort and enjoyment for over 100 years.
With a growing network of facilities worldwide, NNR Global Logistics is well positioned as your perfect supply chain partner.
A people-centric organization, satisfying in excess of 1 million customers - every day. Aligned to our Corporate Philosophy, our mission is to ensure our customers, our employees and anyone engaging with NNR, experience Confidence, Comfort and Enjoyment.
Import Operations is responsible for performing break bulk operations and import customer service duties to process the documentation necessary for import freight to clear US Customs and delivered to the final consignee in a timely and safe manner in accordance with governmental regulations.
Duties & Functions
• Coordinates with Agents and partners and ensure that all import shipments are properly documented.
• Sort, process and distribute all documentation for incoming consolidations and direct shipments.
• Study various modes of transportation to ascertain the most efficient and timely movement of freight for forwarding and delivery.
• Make I/T entries for on-forwarding of shipments to all destinations and arrange transportation to said destination.
• Ensure that all documents required by U.S. Customs regulations are correct and complete to include customer compliance under the supervision of the designated Customs Brokers.
• Negotiate with trucking companies and airlines to obtain rates and guarantee of delivery.
• Arrange local deliveries for NNR customers after customs clearance when appropriate.
• Issue invoices to customers.
• Set up all necessary arrangements indicated on Advance Information for the smooth movement of import freight.
• Provide quotations in response to customers and internal requests including overseas partners.
• Perform customer service duties with correspondence to customers and overseas partners, e-mails fax, etc.
• High School diploma or GED required.
• Two years' experience working for an International Freight Forwarder in import operations.
• Basic computer skills to include word processing and Excel.
• Ability to use basic math skills to calculate duties and freight, storage and other charges.
• Knowledge of metric system and rate exchange calculations.
• Employee must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Employee must have excellent organizational skills and be prepared to work as a team player.
• Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
• Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, frequently and/or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.