Regional Sales Manager – South
The primary purpose of this position is to achieve commercial growth goals for CV International (CVI) in the Southern region by establishing new, profitable business relationships along with growing and maintaining existing customers. The Regional Sales Manager will work in close coordination with the Vice President Business Development & Sales, CVI Management and Operations to achieve budgeted growth goals each year.
- Sales experience in freight forwarding, NVOCC, air freight, customs brokerage and various 3PL services.
- Well rounded knowledge of international transportation in multiple trade lanes and modes.
- Track record of developing global logistics business in and willingness to travel throughout the Southern region (i.e. GA, FL, AL, MS, LA, AR, central & western TN).
- Familiarity and preexisting relationships with import/export shippers in the Midwest that will open doors and quote opportunities for CVI.
- Solutions aptitude to move prospects and customers up the value chain to increase margins and switching costs.
- Ideal candidate keeps abreast of industry trends / best practices and has the ability to make logistics and supply chain recommendations with authority.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the willingness and drive to develop new relationships, including cold calling.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail to serve internal and external stakeholders in a timely and professional manner.
- Self-motivated with ability to work within a team structure to achieve collective goals and positive results.
- Responsible management of expenditures and mindful of sales return on investment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Solicit qualified sales appointments in defined territory, with a goal of at least 10-15 face-to-face sales calls per week.
- Travel extensively throughout the Southern region to find, develop and close profitable global logistics and customs brokerage opportunities.
- Working with pricing department, coordinate the preparation of rate quotations for presentation to prospects & clients.
- Develop detailed logistics, forwarding and customs brokerage solution recommendations for potential accounts.
- Meet annual sales growth goals through addition of new, profitable business.
- Working with branch management, onboard new customers to insure service excellence including completed / signed documentation and standard operating procedure (SOP).
- Sales Reporting to Management: weekly sales activity and monthly pipeline of opportunities.
- Maintain detailed notes on sales progress with each target; record in CRM.
- Participate in weekly sales meetings with Branch Manager, Sales Management and Company Executives.
- On-going maintenance / client visits and communication with Operations Representatives and Management Team, including Quarterly Business Reviews (QBRs).
- Submit monthly expense reports to Management.
- Reports to Vice President Business Development & Sales
- Position should domicile in the Southern region, with CVI Atlanta office as the supporting station. Home office/sales setup will be considered.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience plus commission and bonus program.
- Benefits include health & other insurance, paid vacation & sick leave and matching 401(k) plan.
- Company phone, laptop and tablet.
- Car allowance/provision.