Analyst - Refrigerated & Special Commodities
The purpose of this position is to fulfill the analytical duties of Reefer (Frozen and Chilled) commercial activities in TPEB, TPWB, TAEB, and Latin America Trades. In liaison with Management, this function is required to support and help develop Marketing strategy for Reefer related business with performance metrics. This position will be responsible for detailed analysis relating to cost, market evaluation, and asset utilization on a consistent basis in order to help develop marketing strategy, identify problems and corrective actions and ensure marketing program success. Making maximum use of Reefer and Special Equipment (containers, gensets, PPUs, etc.) is one of the critical tasks, in coordination with the Container Flow Management Team. It is required to take ownership of job responsibilities in order to achieve established goals and targets.
- Monitor assigned vessel and account performance, account segment performance, and trade/commodity lane focus areas and meet targets that will allow for overall ONE business plan achievement
- Produce and analyze market data in support of establishing guideline rates.
- Through close monitoring and analysis, identify issues with account performance and work with Manager to develop corrective action that can be communicated to Sales.
- Act in coordination with Reefer and Special Cargo Manager to perform product and market evaluation analysis.
- Perform cost analysis on routings to help develop a cost-effective strategy.
- Monitor weekly vessel service performance and evaluate/recommend contingency plans when plans are not met.
- Monitor inventory and work with Management to identify promotional cargo opportunities to meet business plan.
- Responsible for detailed analysis and ownership of the most efficient utilization of the Reefer & Special Equipment asset, including containers and gensets. Will collaborate with Management to address and recommend correction action and maintain close communication with Container Flow Management (for containers) and Inland Operation & Procurement (for rail services, gensets, PPUs, etc.)
- Will participate in operational support and facilitation, and, provide support and assistance for service recovery evaluation.
- Available for possible travel domestically or internationally, as required.
Core Required Skills and Competencies:
- Strong analytical skillset
- Strong problem-solving skillset
- Ability to review complex information, perform comparative analysis, and make recommendations based on findings
- Acts with financial and commercial acumen
- Ability to react quickly to market changes and make timely decisions to increase business results
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
Function Specific Required Skills and Competencies:
- Applies logical methods utilizing analytical skills and experience for best-suited approach; able to resolve complex issues
- Ability to communicate and work well with team members and all levels of management.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize and remain detail-oriented.
- Proficiency in MS applications Excel, Word, and Access
- Advanced knowledge of macros, pivot tables, and formulas in MS Excel
Required Minimum Years Experience:
2 industry and/or 1 functional related preferred
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's degree preferred