Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Mid-America Overseas (MAO) was founded in Chicago in 1976 by Burkard M. Schmitt. From our origins as an ocean freight forwarder, MAO has evolved and expanded into a global transportation and logistics provider, supported by loyal and hard-working employees. MAO is privately owned and now employs some 400 employees in offices throughout North America and abroad. Our employees contribute directly to the success of our organization as well as to the success of our customers. We are committed to the growth and professional development of our employees at all levels.
If you have a customer-centric focus, industry experience and are looking to join one of the best privately-held global logistics companies please review the opening we have for an Ocean Export Coordinator in the Chicago area.
- Ocean export coordinator required to handle all aspects of ocean freight forwarding including customer service, Transportation and Documentation.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, review, and process export documentation for accounts.
- Must have a better than average understanding of the Export Regulations or other government agency regulations that govern exports.
- Ensure documentation is accurately processed, distributed and released to carrier, customers and agents in a timely manner.
- Obtain and create quotes for shipments and source best method of transportation.
- Communicate with overseas agents to ensure proper pre-alerts and documentation.
- Continue to explore different options to reduce cost, and increase revenues.
- Track and trace shipment and provide updates to clients and sales.
- Uphold a strong and professional relationship with steamship lines, transportation agencies and sales.
- Demonstrate an emphasis on customer satisfaction per company policy.
- Maintain shipment files and ensure billing is completed within a timely fashion.
- Assist as backup for alternate accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must have working knowledge of all ocean export procedures, rules and regulations.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prepare rate proposals to clients for ocean export.
- Knowledge and experience handling hazardous cargo and letters of credit a plus but not required
Benefits package includes:
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, vacation, holidays and personal time-off days, etc.