This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Import or Export Documentation NVOCC
TRANSWORLD SHIPPING is one of the largest NVOCC carriers in the International Trade Lane, and a brand name as a logistics and distribution full service provider. Founded in 1969 in Hamburg, we have become a pacesetter in the International Trade Lane. As a leading operator, we have the capacity to meet our customer's specific needs and offer intelligent transportation solutions. We create added value for our customers through aggressive cost leadership and transport innovation. We take pride in our professional service excellence.
- Work within a team environment and place team goals above self
- Work both independently and collaboratively to problem solve unique business challenges
- Provide exceptional customer service, both internally and externally
- Communicate effectively with customers and colleagues both international and domestic export
- Track and trace international cargo
- Review documentation for compliance with U.S. and international trade regulations
- Prepare and process international documentation
- Invoice customers accurately and timely, for services provided
- Answer all customer inquiries in accordance with the Customer Service Policy standards
- Further increase customer satisfaction and business share through proactive and regular contact.
- Communicate with and ensure release of the freight from ocean/air carriers
- Work with Sales on account implementation, ensuring a smooth transition from Sales to Operations
- Other duties as requested
- Excellent knowledge of NVOCC freight forwarding and regulatory requirements with proven track record of 3 years in the export industry
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Lotus Notes knowledge preferred
- College degree or employment experience equivalent
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with Internal and External Customers
- Good judgment skills and ability to make decisions
- Team player
- Multilingual a plus but not mandatory
- Willing to work a flexible schedule when necessary, including overtime and weekends
Salary and Benefits:
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Salary: Negotiable
- Start date: Immediately