This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Warehouse Manager | Int'l Freight Forwarder
- Salary:$ will dep. on exp.
- Hours: 8:00am- 5:00pm Monday – Friday
- Location: Carson, CA
- Benefits: Medical Ins., PTO - Vacation/ Personal / Floating Days
Requirements and Qualifications:
- At least 8 years of experience in high volume, Whs. / distribution operations.
- Managerial level of warehouse and distribution activities.
- College degree preferred
- Up to date knowledge of OSHA within warehouse and distribution operations.
- Microsoft Excel skills
- "WMS" experience
- Experience in managing to a budget with good math skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Day to day Whs. operations - process inbound containers, outbound FCL, LTL and express shipments.
- Maintains a safe operating environment with a constant eye on being proactive in safety practices. Conduct monthly safety meetings in conjunction with Facilities/Safety Manager
- Use established KPI's to monitor productivity and motivate employees to increase performance.
- Manpower planning, time Mgt., workflow planning and administering discipline when required.
- Ensure inventory accuracy is maintained at company standards of 99% or greater.
- Responsible for the accuracy of all inbound and outbound shipments, safeguarding of all assets and maintaining the facility in good state of repair.
- Mentor and train support staff by providing operational advice and industry knowledge.
- Maximize the storage of goods while minimizing costs.
- Develop strategies focused on reducing costs, reducing lead-times and increasing inventory turns & order turnaround time's.
- Work cross-functionally with all areas of the company to ensure effective coordination of logistics, warehousing and customer service activities.
- Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
- Send resume online below
Applicants with qualifications matching the above, will be contacted
International Logistics Services provider in business for over 35 years.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations.
Leading and manage a team responsible for different aspects of the operation including: inventory, logistics, labor, shipping and receiving, safety, equipment and property management. Work with outside Agency to supplement the labor force based on volume.
Staffing / Search firm for the Transportation Industry.
Services include: Executive search, Direct hire, temporary, temp and payroll services.