Domestic LTL/FTL Freight Coordinator
- $35-$45 K DOE
- Major Medical & Dental
- Annual BONUS, based on department performance
- 401k with company match
Develops domestic general cargo and trade show accounts, provide quotes, coordinates and monitors time sensitive domestic and Canadian shipments to and from origin points throughout the U.S. and Canada. Insures all services are provided in accordance with customer requirements .
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling all aspects of domestic and Canadian shipments from quoting the client, to booking shipments, preparing documents and communicating shipment status with the clients and agents
- Develop new and maintain current accounts by providing excellent service
- Negotiate rates and develop/maintain relationships with current and new domestic carriers
- Establish, monitor, and revise policies, procedures and service standards for domestic cargo operations
- Develop and document procedures for handling each account, including schedule of service fees, shipment and booking process, and any other related information.
- Ensure account procedures are input into appropriate databases
- Ensure all policies and procedures are consistently adhered to
- Identify areas of concern in the clients' shipping processes
- Communicate transaction problems or irregularities to manager and assist in identifying solutions
- Assist Manager in the day to day cargo operations, quoting activities, accounting responsibilities and management of the department
- Coordinate meetings with Manager and key customer accounts on an as per need basis
Education and Experience
- High School Degree or GED required.
- Qualified candidates must have at least 3-5 years' experience in domestic shipping .
- Proven track record of developing new business and maintaining current business
- Knowledge of domestic LTL and FTL carriers
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of operation files
- Makes customers/agents needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive relationships
- Identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions
- Analyzes complex problems and develops alternative solutions
- Ability to plan, organize and manage complex projects and set priorities
- Basic understanding and experience in management methodologies
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals; develop individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others' efforts
- Able to maintain stable performance under pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and the organization
- Use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team and facilitate the completion of team goals