This position is for local residents only.
Sorry, Visa / sponsorship not available.
Siman Logistics is a privately owned and owner operated international freight forwarder based in Bensenville, IL.
We are seeking an Export Coordinator for our Chicago office located in Bensenville, IL. In this position you will be expected to handle ocean and air export operations.
The ideal candidate should have knowledge of the Export Administration Regulations and Foreign Trade Regulations, Hazardous Materials, Automated Export System (AES), and TSA.
Candidate must have the ability to work independently, while maintaining quality work ethics, team spirit, and good communication skills.
Customer relations, handling Air/Ocean export services, coordinating with other departments, updating systems, reporting property loss, general operational reporting to Manager and additional projects.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Process Export shipments working with clients, vendors, overseas agents
- Populate and update Export systems and track shipments
- Establish rapport with carriers, i.e., airlines; steamship lines; and trucking companies in order to obtain competitive rates
- Increase business relationship with client
- Keep updated on changing rules and regulations relative to transportation, i.e., TSA, 49CFR, DOT, IATA - IMDG; U.S. Customs, Homeland Security and other governmental agencies, as they relate to international freight forwarding
- Prepare accurate Accounting for each shipment
- Working hours Monday- Friday 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- Excellent customer service skills
- Focused attention on details
- Excellent organizational / communication skills
- Knowledge of customs clearance procedures and EXPORT procedures (A Plus)
- Working knowledge of Incoterms, and their meanings
- High School Diploma required. Some college preferred. Prior International travel; Finance, Accounting & Geography a plus.