Business Development Manager
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you will be responsible for increasing gross profit and market share while developing ongoing relationships with new and existing customers.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
- Utilize market data and develop sales strategies to increase SILVER/GOLD/PLATINUM customer base
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of products and services offered by the company
- Travel throughout assigned territory to meet with regular and prospective customers
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships
- Provide pricing, credit terms and prepare sales contracts for orders obtained
- Provide activity reports and sales plans for the assigned territory
- Actively participate in aggressive sales and skills training
- College degree preferred
- Five plus years experience on EMEA traffic (focus on Italy, Germany, France and Spain)
- Experience with CMS system
- Must have valid driver's license and safe driving record
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Power Point
- Outstanding negotiation skills required
- Proven ability to grow an organization's capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to effectively deal with multiple projects, expectations and deadlines
- Additional language(s) a plus
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The incumbent is expected to travel domestically.
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.