Warehouse Distribution Specialist
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
In this role you will be responsible for handling the day to day assigned warehouse functions. This position is responsible for timely and accurate distribution of inbound and outbound freight, special projects and communications with other departments as defined by the Warehouse Manager.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
Essential is your ability to:
- Verify shipments for accuracy and document any discrepancies
- Ensure issues with shipment overages or shortages are handled promptly and efficiently
- Maintain a workspace/warehouse that is free of debris at all times and adheres to safety guidelines
- Forklift operation – drive or operate equipment as needed to ensure daily schedules are completed
- Follow facility security and safety policies
- Adhere to all federal, state and local rules and regulations
- Follow all forklift fleet can schedule preventative checks and processes
- High School diploma or GED
- Two to three years experience
- Prior office environment experience in warehouse operations
- Knowledge of forklift/material handling equipment operations
- Able to operate basic hand and small electric tools
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated, able to work in a team and independently
- Must be detail oriented, have the ability to multitask and meet deadlines
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.