Import Customer Service and Operations
An innovative and agile Freight Forwarding company is looking to add new Import Customer Service and Operations Team members.
Freighters, which was established in 2017, offers international and domestic freight forwarding including ocean freight, air freight, trucking and customs clearance services.
The company is growing quickly and we are looking to bring on eager and talented new team members who are willing to learn and also contribute their talents and knowledge to the company.
- The ideal candidate would have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel.
- They would feel comfortable speaking to clients and vendors over the phone.
- They would have strong writing and general communication skills.
- They would fee comfortable in an open office environment having constant verbal interaction with co-workers and management team.
- They would have a positive mindset with a desire to take full ownership of their responsibilities and pride in their work.
- They would take good attendance and punctuality seriously.
- They would be able to commute to Brooklyn, NY. (Office is a block away from 50th Street stop on the D Line subway).
- High School education required. College education not required, but favorable.
- Experience in freight Forwarding not required. We will train the candidate, so a willingness to learn is a must.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Corresponding with overseas agents regarding new and existing shipments vie email.
- Tracking international and domestic shipments using websites and communicating with carriers via email and phone.
- Updating clients on the status of their shipments via email and phone.
- Creating shipping documentation using the company’s software.
- Maintaining active shipping files.
- Billing clients once the service is complete.
This is a full time position Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 PM with Paid Days Off.
All applicants must submit a current resume.