The Instrumentation & Automation Controls Technician will ensure instrumentation and advanced automation is installed at achieved at our Genoa, Ohio operation.
United States - OH - Genoa
The Instrumentation & Automation Controls Technician will ensure instrumentation and advanced automation at Graymont's Genoa, Ohio plant is installed and maintained to meet operating objectives and support remote operations requirements. This position will focus on developing, procuring, installing, and maintaining instrumentation and control systems for all plant processes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support Remote Operations to develop and implement instrumentation and automation standards for remotely operated processes (including, but not limited to, advanced process control software/hardware, temperature/pressure/flow transmitters, combustion instrumentation, emissions instrumentation, and belt scales)
- Provide PLC/HMI technical support for remote control room and plant operations
- Ensure all process control systems and networks remain operational and up to date
- Perform trouble shooting of the PLC and control network as required
- Analyze and identify process improvement opportunities including safety, environmental performance, and product quality at remotely operated sites
- Communicate with mechanics, technicians, supervisors, process engineers, and operations personnel to ensure process automation and instrumentation is functioning as expected
- Effectively implement management of change practices and procedures
- Proficient with Rockwell/Allen-Bradley PLC software and hardware and HMI development and maintenance
- Certificate in Mechatronics or related science/engineering degree. Equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal skills (ability to motivate, coach, and develop people)
- Well organized and able to process large amounts of complex information, effective operational troubleshooting skills and decision making skills
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft programs, and JD Edwards
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
- Lifting ability up to 65 lbs.
- Standing, walking, and working while wearing full personal protective equipment
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures