Logistics done differently.
Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune Magazine and one of America's best employers by Forbes. At XPO, positive financial results are what fuel our growth. As the Pricing Analyst, you will review and analyze the pricing of our services compared to the published or disclosed prices of competitors in the marketplace. Your focus will be on creating profitable rates for new and existing customers based on customer shipping patterns, profile characteristics and a competitive environment. On our team, you'll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Review pricing and understand contract and tariff applications
- Perform detailed costing analysis and develop pricing options to present to Sales team for customer negotiations; use different pricing scenarios to rate shipments and compare net results
- Conduct revenue management and cost analysis for new and existing customers; review shipping patterns and characteristics to identify opportunities for increased yields, improved network density and reduced costs
- Request customer profiles and update cost model accordingly
- Understand and utilize the Base V auto rating system, including inputs, capabilities and limitations
- Identify rating problems and initiate resolutions to ensure correct invoicing; provide answers and quotes for requests in a timely manner
- Perform initial setup of Off Bill Incentive (OBI) programs
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field
- Experience in quantitative analysis
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project); able to quickly learn and achieve proficiency with new software applications
- Demonstrated ability to use computer-generated decision support modeling
It'd be great if you also have:
- Experience with SQL and statistical packages
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to multitask and manage deadlines
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.