- Receives and prepares documentation for import shipments
- Effects Customs and other governmental agency clearances
- Makes all necessary arrangements and monitors delivery to final destinations
- Monitors the prompt billing of customers
- Monitors the payables to vendors
- Assist in Collection efforts whenever necessary
- Customer servicing / Interaction
- Routes Air/Ocean freight
- Communicates heavily with overseas offices.
- Knowledge of Customs regulations
- 2 + years Customs Entry Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
English is the principal language for this position. This position requires good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively in a diverse multicultural environment.
Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and other technical software is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to walk and use hand and eye coordination. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK HOURS AND ENVIRONMENT
Normal working hours for this position are Monday - Friday from 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM, however, overtime will often be required.
STATEMENT OF NON-INCLUSIVITY:
This job description is not to be construed as a complete listing of the duties and responsibilities that may be given to any employee. The duties and responsibilities outlined in this position may be added to or changed when deemed appropriate and necessary by the person who is managerially responsible for this position