HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Support the talent acquisition, development, and retention of branch sales and operations associates. Adhere to all company policies and procedures. May manage a location in the absence of the branch manager. This position requires operation of a company vehicle or a personal vehicle and such operation is done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply will run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. A requirement of this position is an acceptable MVR report.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages the branch whenever the manager is not present or when the branch does not have an on-site Branch Manager. Assists the manager in developing strategies to drive branch sales and profitability.
- Assists with the coordination of procurement, inventory control, shipping and receiving, warehousing, and sales in accordance with policies, principles, and procedures established by HD Supply.
- Solves problems at the branch level. Investigates customer complaints involving matters such as damaged items, overcharges, and shipment/delivery delays. Makes necessary resource adjustments. Manages operational branch level problems, including coaching and disciplining associates and investigating inventory discrepancies by running standard and special reports and making adjustments as required. Approves and processes credit memos.
- Serves customers and works at the counter or inside sales function as necessary. Ensures all sales orders are billed correctly and in a timely manner. Schedules staff and analyzes budgets and variances.
- Interviews applicants and makes recommendations to the manager for open positions. Trains associates. Plans, assigns, and directs work. Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- Implements and applies HD Supply human resources policies and procedures in a consistent manner designed to develop and maintain positive associate relations.
Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Wholesale distribution experience.
- Exposure to Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
- Experience leading change initiatives.
Job ID 2019-33547
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Operations
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 95131
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.