HD Supply (NASDAQ:HDS) ( www.hdsupply.com ) is one of the largest industrial distributors in North America. The company provides a broad range of products and value-add services to approximately 500,000 customers with leadership positions in maintenance, repair and operations and specialty construction sectors. Through approximately 260 locations across 36 states and six Canadian provinces, the company's approximately 11,000 associates provide localized, customer-driven services including jobsite delivery, will call or direct-ship options, diversified logistics and innovative solutions that contribute to its customers' success. With an active commitment to the communities in which we operate, HD Supply associates are part of a thriving organization that supports the virtues of wellness, diversity and inclusion - all of which are top priorities for the company. Equally as important is empowering our associates to grow professionally while providing competitive benefits and compensation. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply is ready for you!
Job Description & Qualifications
Manufacture customized products that meet customer specifications and prepare completed orders for shipment.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Examines specifications of the customer's order using drawings, work orders, or blueprints to determine the characteristics of the finished item, materials to be used, and machine setup requirements.
- Fabricates work piece as determined by work order specifications. Retrieves correct materials and performs various fabrication duties.
- Examines work piece visually, by touch, or using tape rule, calipers, or gauges to ensure product meets desired standards.
- Packages for shipping. Installs protective devices, such as bracing, padding, or strapping, to prevent shifting or damage to items being transported.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e., free of trash, product in correct location, etc.).
- Follows company safety policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Selects correct processes from clearly prescribed rules, past practices, or instruction. Seeks advice and guidance on non-routine or problem areas from supervisor. Deviations from the norm are cleared by the supervisor.
- Under close supervision, exercises limited latitude/independent judgment. Work typically involves detailed checks or close review of output by a senior coworker and/or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. 0-2 years of experience in area of responsibility.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Experience with fabrication shop equipment.
- Metal working experience preferred.
Job ID 2019-34195
Business Unit Construction Industrial WC
Functional Area Manufacturing
Remote Position? No
Position Type Full-Time
Posting Location : Postal Code 04037
HD Supply is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer. HD Supply considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law.