The Team Lead is responsible for overseeing daily warehouse operations and ensuring seamless functions in the warehouse office.
Occasional overtime and holiday coverage is required to support the needs of the business.
Shift may include one of the following start times (5 days per week, 10 hours per day):
Start time: 05:00 a.m.
Start time: 4:00 p.m.
Start time: 8:00 p.m.
Term: This is a direct hire position with benefits eligibility. Project term is approximately 3 years.
- Oversee daily workload and ensure scheduled work is completed. This may require setting daily priorities and/or reassigning employees to other areas depending on daily work load.
- Monitor shipping schedule to ensure shipments are being made accurately and in a timely manner.
- Train new employees to follow correct procedures and practices in the warehouse.
- Reports shortages, damages, non-conformances, and other discrepancies.
- Maintains accurate department records and documentation.
- Ensures customer specific requirements are met and provides assistance and support in resolving customer issues and concerns.
- Logistics customer account responsibilities - may be required to manage inventory using web based technology and communication with customers on assigned accounts duties may include: c hecking tool inventories; requesting calibration of tools; and overseeing the maintenance of tools in the warehouse.
- Follows all procedures for safety and TSA security, including monitoring visitors.
- Support other projects as needed.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 or more years of previous warehouse experience. Air or ocean import a plus.
- Prior experience in a lead position, logistics industry is preferred.
- Professional customer service and communication skills.
- Computer skills - Microsoft Office Word and Outlook. Cargowise is a plus.
- Forklift and/or HAZMAT certification is a plus.
- Team leadership experience.
- Professional with on-time work ethic.
- Works with utmost honesty and integrity.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1 st of the month following start date
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation , and much more.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas )
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. performs a key role in keeping world trade moving by offering air and ocean freight forwarding, global warehousing, reverse logistics, intermodal and multimodal transportation, and supply chain solutions to some of the world's largest industries.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company's employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.