Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. As the Carrier Procurement Representative, you will source, negotiate and secure carriers to move available freight in a timely and cost-effective manner. On our team, you will have the support to excel at work, and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Negotiate and secure carriers to move freight in a timely and cost-effective manner, while cultivating strong core carrier relationships
- Maintain continuous communication with carriers and customers to ensure a high-quality freight movement process
- Ensure all parties are informed of route changes, delays, freight concerns or other issues as necessary
- Schedule pickup and delivery appointment times; use insight to consider all factors affecting timeframe, including weather, traffic, miles, service rules, etc.
- Follow established procedures and protocols regarding HVS and HRC loads to ensure the integrity of the shipment and the XPO brand
- Accurately maintain and update information in the company's operating systems
- Research available databases and conduct cold-calling campaigns to create potential leads
- Track back-end billing and invoicing to ensure that carrier charges are accurate
- Maintain awareness of operations at all time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of professional experience
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1 year of transportation experience
- 2 years of sales or customer service experience
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion; able to function independently within authorized limits
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.