Customs Entry Specialist
JAS is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions company. Our services include air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services, including consulting, the coordination of purchase orders and customized management services.
To provide excellent customer service through proactive management of daily operations and subcontractor service providers. Act as customer liaison, managing customer expectations through regular meetings and business reviews. Oversee execution of new project implantation and execution of established processes, while also evaluating quality goals and identifying process improvements. Act as liaison between shared services. Develop response plans for a-typical issues. Manage transportation spend limits. May assist in vendor management and developing new service or operations processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage all aspects of Air, Ocean and Inland forwarding processes
- Manage/create/modify AWB's, OBL's, Packing Lists, Commercial Invoices, Certificates of Origin and other shipping documents
- Interpret basic contract documents with regard to Scope of Work, and deliverables
- Manage/Coordinate with vendors and control shipping process
- Manage/Coordinate with clients to resolve issues related to operational and contractual commercial matters
- Manage project related AP & AR
- Create SOPs for new business/projects and lead in project implementations phase
- Identify areas where coordinators need more training. Ensure training initiatives for all project coordinators are met by assigned deadlines
- Actively participate in Business Development taking advantage of any opportunity as it arises including visiting clients and supplier
- Attend operational meetings as required
- Manage customer retention
- Have advance knowledge and functional competence with Microsoft applications
- Fully functional competence with internal Jas software programs
- Attend training courses as required
- Assist in completion of responses to RFI, RFQ, RTB.
- Travel domestic and overseas as and if required
- Full export compliance knowledge
- Full responsibility of managing all aspects of contracts (including billing/reports/KPIs)
- Full compliance with SOPs and company rules, standards and guidelines
- The incumbent will directly supervise employees.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 7 years of direct freight forwarding
- 2 years increasing managerial experience
- Mastered priority setting and ability to effectively handle several tasks simultaneously
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to supervise a team of up to 5 direct reports on a daily basis
- Able to perform the essential duties of this position without posing a "direct threat" to the health or safety of self or others
- Able to interact positively and effectively with co-workers, subordinates and supervisors
WHAT ELSE WOULD I NEED TO KNOW?
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company's business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
JAS Forwarding (USA), Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Where required by state law and/or city ordinance; this employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS
JAS USA IS A CUSTOMS BROKER, GOVERNED BY FEDERAL REGULATION. FEDERAL REGULATIONS PROVIDE THAT JAS MAY HAVE IT BROKERAGE LICENSE SUSPENDED OR REVOKED IF IT "KNOWINGLY EMPLOYED, OR CONTINUES TO EMPLOY, ANY PERSON WHO HAS BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY, WITHOUT WRITTEN APPROVAL OF THAT EMPLOYMENT FROM THE ASSISTANT COMMISSIONER." JAS WILL PERFORM A BACKGROUND CHECK TO DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE BEEN CONVICTED OF A FELONY AND IF SO, ABSENT SPECIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU WILL NOT BE HIRED OR WILL BE TERMINATED IMMEDIATELY.