Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is with PTTech a subsidiary of Timken in Wadsworth, Ohio. This role works directly with Sales Team, Reps and Customers to generates quotes, enters orders, prepares shipping documentation, invoices shipped orders, maintains customer sales and correspondence files, assists customers with their specific issues related to orders, and manages sales opportunities. Responsible for reporting analytics on weekly and montly basis for sales forecasts.
Primary functions may include all or any portion of the following:
- Primary liaison for our domestic and foreign Sales Representatives via phone, e-mail, fax, etc. for the following: quotations, orders, return orders, transfer orders, service orders, opportunity management, general inquiries, pricing, applications, product knowledge, etc
- Generate new quotations and sales orders.
- Collaborates with scheduling to establish ship dates
- Coordinates change requests from customers regarding ship dates, part number changes, line item additions, deletions
- Process invoices per and generate freight quotations including coordination of complex shipping issues.
- Enters data into Navision including Customer, Contact, Leads, and/or Opportunity Information.
- Works with independent sales representatives to manage leads and sales opportunities
- Identifies and escalates any special pricing, terms, conditions with Sales Representative, or Regional Manager
- Reviews collections with accounting and assists chasing delinquent accounts
- Organizes and maintains sales file system for quotes, order or other sales records.
- Identify and escalate procedural issues within BSP's or work instructions
- Basic product knowledge to support Sales Representatives
- Identify pricing problems/inconsistencies
- Provides input into Sales Representative performance with Inside Sales Manager or Regional Manager
- Follow-up phone calls for email marketing, web site leads, 30-day quote, 30-day shipments, and Sales Force leads.
- Sales forecasting based on customer, weekly sales reporting
- Review open opportunities with Sales Representatives to determine their potential and make appropriate notation in Navision
- Serve as back-up for PTTech phone lines
Assocate Degree or a combination of high school and customer service experience, preferrably in a manufacturing/technical support environment.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.