Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The primary responsibility of the Chemical Processor is to perform both chemical and mechanical treatments to finished components prior to plating and/or pre-assembly inspection. These processes often provide the finishing touches necessary to complete the transition from a finish ground product to a completed component ready for final inspection and assembly. This function is critical in terms of personal safety and final product integrity.
- Perform chemical milling of retainers through use of Acid Deburr process.
- Apply corrosive resistant coating to components through use of Black Oxide process.
- Remove corrosive surface impurities from stainless steel through use of Passivation process.
- Neutralize corrosion in steel components through use of Solution B process.
- Clean and preserve components in preparation for plating and/or pre- assembly inspection through use of Superwash process.
- De-Smut/Vibratory deburr components to achieve specified corner breaks and surface finishes through use of Tumble process.
- Perform Post-Tumble cleaning prior to visual inspection through use of Tumble Wash process.
- Perform visual inspection of own work to determine process adequacy.
- Perform calibration and chemical analysis of all processes prior to use.
- Make chemical/media adds as necessary to maintain systems within specified percentage tolerances.
- Drain and rebuild tanks/drums as necessary to change out media and/or in preparation for maintenance/service events.
- Train personnel as required.
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Basic mathematical and mechanical skills are required.
- Basic computer interface skills are required.
- Strong attention to detail along with the ability to multi-task and coordinate work activities to be efficient and productive is required.
- Strong ability to follow written and prescribed work instructions/procedures and tasks.
- Strong ability to read and interpret specifications, acceptance criteria, and engineering drawings.
- Situational/Spatial awareness along with strict adherence to PPE/safety protocols is required.
General Physical Requirements:
Hearing of Conversation Level
Both Hands Required
Both Legs Required
Operates Powered Equipment
Specific Physical Requirements:
- Walking frequently.
- Prolonged periods of standing.
- Lifting weight up to 35lbs.
- Repetitive gripping and flexing.
Unusual Environmental Conditions:
- Exposure to corrosives such as caustics and acids.
- Exposure to toxic vapors.
- Exposure to high temperature fluids.
- Exposure to solvents such as methanol occasionally.
- Exposure to high frequency ultrasonic sound waves.
- Exposure to electromagnetic fields.
- Exposure to loud noise.
- Exposure to powered and/or automated machinery.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
- Vision Protection; Face Shield; Apron; Gauntlets; Impervious Gloves; Safety Shoes; Hearing Protection; Respirator
U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder is required due to munitions products.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.