If you're ready for a challenging experience that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Gears and Services (TGS) Philadelphia Gear brand is seeking a part time Engineering Trainee in the greater Philadelphia area to work at the King of Prussia, PA office. The Engineering Trainee will assist with design of bevel gear, precision gear and coarse pitch industrial open gear elements and systems. This position reports to the Engineering Manager.
- Responsible for assisting with the development of gear designs including assemblies, bills of material, parts list and detail drawings as required in conformance with order requirements and Engineering Standards and Procedures.
- Perform checking of drawings/ designs by TGS, Vendor or Customer.
- Interfaces with Operations/ QA team on disposition of deviations and helps to resolve Regional Service Center's manufacturing, assembly and installation problems.
- Develop tools to improve personal effectiveness and/or the effectiveness of the department.
- Perform detailed analysis of gear drive components to meet specification requirements.
- Select and analyze bearings, lube components and instrumentations for gear drive to meet specification requirements.
- Support customer service, sales, field service and manufacturing as required.
- Analyze order content and customer specifications to ensure product and customer satisfaction
- Ensure manufacturability and cost effectiveness of designs.
- Complete tasks in a dependable and thorough manner within required time frame.
Key attributes include the ability to multi-task, set priorities, meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and organization, set goals, ability to work as part of a team and the ability to interact with all levels of customers and internal support teams. Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software), strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Applicant must be currently enrolled in an engineering program from an accredited college or university.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.