Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Hone Operator is primarily responsible for the repairing and resurfacing of bearing raceways. Repairs must be performed in accordance with Quality Control Standards, Engine Repair Manuals, and work order instructions.
- Perform various repetitive machine set-ups, operations and adjustments.
- Utilizes stone cutting on special purpose machines to hone inner and outer bearing raceways to very close tolerances and surface finishes
- Operate surface-analyzer machine to verify finish, straightness and curvature of parts.
- Works within standard procedure to manually and individually load parts and operate machine cycle
- Visually inspects own work, re-hone or reject parts and make adjustments as needed
- Correct or report detected discrepancies to supervisor
- Record appropriate data as required
- Support Quality Management and Lean initiatives
- Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to supervisor
- Maintain work areas and equipment in a clean and orderly condition
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations
- Perform other related duties as required or directed
- Assist in training associates as required
- Mill Room responsibilities
High School Diploma with 1-2 years of bearing repair experience; or manufacturing/aerospace machining experience.
Basic math skills
Basic computer skills
Experience with various precision inspection tools
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.