Manufacturing Application Technical Specialist
Primary function of the position is to be the first line technical resource for customer service, field sales force, and our customers. Working in conjunction with the sales team and customer service as the key technical advisor and product advocate, this role must be able to identify and provide reliable solutions for technical issues.This person will also drive new part number creation, deployment in SAP for Lovejoy globally, and support changes required to keep the part integrity within SAP.
- Maintain an expert level of product knowledge and application.
- Provide design and specification support to distributors channel partners and OE channel partners.
- Conduct customer interchanges for customer and distributors. This will be both one off and mass interchanges for customer conversion.
- Perform technical/ product training for sales people, estimators, and engineers within channel partners.
- Assist in the design and development of new products and tools necessary to make channel partners comfortable and successful at selling product portfolio
- Maintain accurate records of channel partners, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases
- Travel to project sites to preform start-up, integration, and training services
- Maintain professional business relationships within channel partners.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth.
- Have a deep understand of product nomenclature and create new parts per our standards.
- Monitor and drive the SAP create and deployment process across the various departments in the organization.
- A technical background sufficient to understand the technologies and technical issues involved within the territory, project and the industries, to anticipate and identify technical obstacles and to make reasoned and appropriate recommendations.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and team building skills; Able to partner with and lead people with different personalities and responsibilities, demonstrating conflict management and negotiation skills; Adaptive; Confident; Persuasive; Proactive.
- Experience in identifying market opportunities with a track record of coordinating market strategies.
- Results oriented; abillity to commit to and follow initiatives through to completion.
- Manage time and work flow and create effective call plans.
- Organization skills to manage multiple projects and opportunites at the same time.
- Process oriented mindset to ensure quick and accurate results in create an ddeployment process.
- Experience working with ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle, InforXA, other.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in systems, engineering, or related field, required. BS preferred.
- Minimum 3 years experience in customer service, engineering, or sales support required, 5 years preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.