Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of Position
The Manager - Tax Reporting manages financial reporting for income taxes and income tax controls, reporting directly to the Sr. Manager - Tax Operations. This position is responsible for the accurate financial reporting for income taxes which makes up approximately one-third of the Company's net income. It is an area of financial reporting that is complex and is at risk to differences in interpretation that may lead to incorrect reporting, thus implementation and proper management of controls is critical.
The role will be instrumental in designing and implementing process improvements related to the financial reporting for income taxes globally. Key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the preparation of the Company's global quarterly and annual tax provision
- Assist in the design and development of the Company's global quarterly and annual tax provision processes
- Oversee compliance with internal controls for the financial reporting for income taxes
- Assist in the implementation of global tax planning strategies to minimize cash and earnings impact of tax expense
- Oversee significant amounts of the Company's cash taxes
- Assist in implementing process improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (CPA and/or advanced degree is a plus)
- 6+ years of relevant experience (Corporate tax experience in industry and/or public accounting firm, including technical knowledge of and experience with U.S. multinational entities)
- Strong ASC 740 technical and analytical skills, including tax research skills
- SEC reporting experience with multinational company, ability to pull global tax provision together while trouble shooting for errors and correctly adjusting ETR for new entities
- Tech savvy with SAP, Hyperion, Blackline, and OneSource Tax Provision experience helpful
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to develop collaborative working relationships with diverse individuals
- Process improvement driven
- Ability and desire to train, mentor and help develop staff
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.