Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you'll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you'll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
Purpose of Role:
The R&D Pilot performs feasibility and scale-up trials focusing primarily on Candy Platform initiatives driving technology development, supporting innovation across the G&C Category platform and business units. The Pilot Plant environment is challenging, fast-paced and ever-changing working with R&D teams to deliver top and bottom line results. The role has overall responsibility for the execution of RDQ initiatives by managing and leading the pilot plant elements of trial scheduling, equipment readiness, resources and material planning, quality, HSE and budget management. This person must maintain the priority focus on safety, guide the supervision pilot plant and/or laboratory activities, and pull together the performance reporting systems of the department. Work closely with other leads, facilities, and site leadership, to ensure that the pilot plant and laboratories will deliver the business priorities.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers' expectations
- Increase production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and delivering quality standards
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Utilize systems and processes that track and optimize pilot plant standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective trial outcomes
- Monitor operational performance, collect KPI data and trigger corrective actions
- Lead to insure safe working environment which everyone is focused on safety, quality and recognized as Best in Class.
- Maximize assets utilization and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining product quality standards
- Scheduling of RDQ initiatives and their respective areas (trial calendar)
- Responsible for pilot plant budget.
- Lead internal capability development projects to meet category strategy.
- Work with sub functions of operations including safety, engineer, quality and packaging.
- Manage staff and their development plans.
- Strong linkage with the Mexico Tech Center Team to maximize pilot capability, identify and utilize best practices
KPIs / Dimensions
- 100% Compliance on all regulatory and company policies.
- Foster a culture of incident free safety environment.
- Meet or exceed operations excellence targets. TIR<0>
- 100% compliance on all MDLZ training.
Targets / Dimensions
- Drive to meet injury reduction goals.
- Drive operations logistics resources (labor and material) to align with trial calendar.
- Weekly pilot plant logistical meetings with PP team. Monthly calendar meetings.
- Drive MDLZ strategies.
Key Interfaces / Stakeholders
- Government and Regulatory Agencies.
- Contractors and suppliers.
- CBRE FM team and subcontractors.
- Kelly services labor teams.
- Fair Lawn Gum Development Center
- Business Categories teams on site.
- RDQ Platform & Regional Leadership team.
- MDLZ HSE experts/leaders
- Pilot Plant Staff
- Fair Lawn Gum Tech Center Team
- BS Chemical Engineering or other technical degree in Food Engineering or Food Science
- 5-7 years team and project leadership in R&D, engineering or operations in Food/Beverage industry.
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience is preferred
- Demonstrated strong team building and capability development skills.
- Ability to work in fast pace R&D environment and adjust plans to deliver results
- Demonstrated strong project management, communication and presentation experience with all levels of an organization
- Strong Customer service skills
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.