A Sr. Solutions Analyst is an information technology professional who functionally designs systems, applications and user interfaces for a solution that supports a specific business process. A Sr. Solutions Analyst works closely with our external customers and operations (internal and external) to identify process and system improvement opportunities and documents business and technical requirements. A Sr. Solutions Analyst assists with implementation and training of the solution which ensures business and technical process compliance. These professionals have a wide range of technical and business knowledge rather than focusing their skills in a specific area of information technology.
- Works closely with external customers, operations (internal and external), IT departments and project team during solution design and definition.
- Translates business requirements into system requirements
- Manages the projects and/or solutions to meet client group expectations.
- Main point of contact for client group updates, issues, and questions.
- Tests and certifies that the solution meets the customer and business process requirements.
- Participates in Customer sales presentations to articulate Penske's technology solution capabilities
- Designs business process solutions based on system capabilities.
- Identifies new applications and functionality required to support a specific requirement.
- Trains end user groups on how to use the solution.
- Leads project scope and recommend technical solutions to meet customer needs.
- Creates project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership
- Leads regular meetings to ensure effectiveness of plan, cost implications and quality of solution
- Involved in analyzing system/software capabilities and how it relates to creating a technical solution.
- Identifies future opportunities for system enhancement and value generation.
- Leads a team of Solution Analyst
- Mentors junior level associates.
- Identifies and communicates tasks to the appropriate departments required to develop and implement the solution.
- Assesses solution quality and certify that it meets the customers' requirements.
- Provides feedback to managers of project members that helped to develop and implement the solution.
- Assists with writing reviews for associates in their team.
- Provides input on the training needs and skill improvements for associates in their team
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration.
- 1 to 2 years experience with MercuryGate TMS
-7-10 years of Solutions Design experience
- 3-5 years of project management experience (including large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
- Prior consulting and business solution experiences
- Experience working as a liaison between customers, operations and technology
- Green Belt, Black Belt, Lean, or PMP certification preferred
- Must have full understanding implementation project lifecycle, methodologies and standards
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting skills and show the ability to apply knowledge to resolve issues.
- Should have knowledge of technologies and how to apply them to develop a solution
- Must have the following skills:
-Effectively collaborate with all project members
-Effective listening & influencing
-Written and oral interpersonal communication
-Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work independently or on a team
-Initiative in issue resolution and prevention
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
About Penske Logistics
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.