Your Career Begins at Timken Drives LLC
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drives LLC, a leading manufacturer of roller and engineering class chain products and screw conveyor augers is seeking to add to our 400 + associate team. Timken Drives is located on the Mississippi River in Fulton, Illinois, and has been in business since 1959. Timken Drives is a solid company with a stable workforce and is well positioned in our core markets while being sufficiently diversified to minimize the impact of market cycles.
Timken Drives offers competitive pay, a quarterly incentive plan, and an excellent benefits package that includes 401(k) match, Medical, Prescription, Dental, Life, Short-term/Long-term Disability, Paid Vacations/Holidays, and EAP Services.
Position Summary: This position provides technical expertise to support the design, implementation and continuous improvement of chain and auger manufacturing processes for our Fulton, Illinois site. This includes technical direction, analysis, and project management support for the implementation of manufacturing technologies and quality initiatives at our chain and auger plant.
Essential Job Duties:
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - assists with implementation for Timken's business growth initiatives and technology upgrades to existing equipment and delivery of total cost-competitive processes. This includes: project support, process design/documentation, asset acceptance/startup/training and creation/tracking of appropriation requisitions (ARs).
- PRODUCT/PROCESS RATIONALIZATION - contributes analysis to support product/process rationalization efforts by performing manufacturing process benchmarking analyses and manufacturing cost comparisons in the plant. Also, design and implement process improvements including tooling, equipment, and methods that are safe, efficient, and ergonomically sound.
- STANDARDS/PROCEDURES - adheres to and develops plant standards, technical instructions and procedures in order to ensure that all process activities are in alignment with corporate requirements and quality standards.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - utilizes appropriate tools/methodologies to plan resources and ensure timely completion.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - provides technical support for manufacturing CI projects to increase throughput, improve quality/process capability, reduce costs, enhance safety, etc.
Technical/Functional Skills Required:
- Project management skills
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to make fact-based recommendations for technical applications
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Solid modeling (CAD) software skills for designing tooling and equipment
- Leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extracurricular activities, or during other employment
- Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, and prior work experience
- Ability to learn quickly--is flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Ability to relocate to Fulton, IL
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Agricultural Engineering
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.8 (3.0+ desired)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment:
Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
The Timken Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All associates and applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law. For additional information please visit our website Timken Careers http://www.timken.com/careers/.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.