Ocean Import Specialist
Join the excitement of a dynamic company that leads the logistics industry with a worldwide range of logistics services. For over 88 years, DACHSER USA has provided intelligent logistics services and now employs 29,000 people worldwide in 396 locations globally.
DACHSER USA is currently seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable Ocean Import Specialist to join its Atlanta Office located in East Point, GA. This position will support DACHSER USA's ocean import activities for its Air & Sea Logistics division.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Coordinates Ocean import shipments with origin, shippers, truckers and steamship lines.
- Arranges delivery for inland transportation and follows up to ensure shipments have reached their final destinations.
- Converts and verifies shipment weights and volumes. Calculates rates with ability to convert pricing and rates
- Responsible for audit compliance with FMC regulations and Corporate policies and procedures.
- Supports local sales efforts with timely responses to emails and rate requests.
- Maintains communications with customers, carriers, vendors and other DACHSER offices.
Requirements of the position include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in ocean preferred.
- Strong knowledge and experience with contract interpretation.
- Ability to negotiate rates with steamship lines.
- Hazardous Materials experience a plus.
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service required. Position will interact with customers by phone, email and in-person frequently.
- Professional demeanor, including excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Windows programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- Stellar organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
DACHSER USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug-free workplace.