Discover the power of one — and all — at Core-Mark
Come join the team that has been empowering customers, investing in people and serving communities for 130 years. The Power of One. Strengthen By All.
POSITION TITLE:Transportation Supervisor Job Code 7011 - Exempt
REPORTS TO:Transportation Manager
SUMMARY: Responsible for driver payroll, monitoring, and evaluating driver performance. Assists Transportations Manager with expense controls of the fleet, i.e. costs for maintenance of the trucks, fuel costs, lease and rental expense. Responsibility includes achieving the goals of the department, satisfying the customer, and managing the Transportation department. Supervisor is responsible for DOT compliance including, but not limited to Hours of Service, Random Drug and Alcohol Testing and Driver Qualification File compliance.
REQUIREMENTS : Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, regulations, standards, methods and practices related to DOT. Advanced skills in EXCEL and software applications related to DOT principles record keeping. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Routing of trucks for morning and afternoon deliveries.
- Scheduling of drivers for routes.
- Making sure that all drivers are schooled on delivery procedures, invoicing problems, and check-in/check-out policies.
- Observing that all returns are handled properly and trucks are empty when they are parked.
- Coordinate pick up and deliveries with distributors.
- Complete paperwork on drivers: reports and records, evaluate personnel, corrective actions, records on drivers' equipment
- Maintenance: make sure that all drivers know to pre-trip their trucks and write down any problems at check-in, schedule trucks for repairs as well as regular maintenance, and schedule trucks to be cleaned.
- Safety: Make sure all drivers are trained on how to report an accident, make sure all personnel have the proper safety equipment and that they use it, monitor drivers motor vehicle record on a regular basis as well as keeping driver's license on file, inspect trucks on a regular basis and keep a file on all trucks. Log any dents or scratches, etc., so if there are new ones you can take action.
- Schedule all pick-ups and coordinate with the receiving supervisor when product gets back to make sure it is received properly.
- Returned products should be reported immediately to the receiving supervisor.
- Make sure trucks, dock, and warehouse office stay cleaned.
- Finish tasks; make sure everything within your scope of responsibilities is completed before you leave every day.
- Will review all routes daily and manage the costs and profitability of the routes.
- Work closely with other departments to assure customer service is provided the most efficient methods.
- Responsible for the monitoring of the driver's log being filled out and completed daily, and in advance of next business day.
- Require to follow all GMP's and Safety Regulation
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Reading and writing skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Knowledge of transportation management and DOT requirements.
- Proven ability to motivate, discipline, train, and develop drivers.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to handle crisis situations effectively.
- Must pass DOT regulation
- Minimum of 6 months experience in transportation.
- Ability to adjust to sudden changes in customer demands or operational goals.
- Commitment to work until job is completed.
- Ability to read, comprehend and carry out instructions.
- Interacts well with others. Good team player.
- Must be flexible to changing procedures/ priorities.
- Must be able to tolerate cold conditions.
- Must be quick and agile.
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Strong understanding of safe work practices.
- Customer-service oriented
- Must be able to work independently, while also working within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
- Ability to work in 30 degree temperature for long period of times
- Ability to stand long period of times.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lb. boxes.
- Bending and twisting when loading conveyor and/or packaging equipment.
- Ability to turn at the waist and place boxes on conveyor.
- Ability to read specification sheets that come down the line for different orders.