Director - Duty Drawback Services
Jersey City, NJ
The employee will be responsible for the development of Drawback Services in the United States, as well as the submission of drawback rulings with U.S. Customs and Border Protection ( CBP ). Additionally, the position will be responsible for managing timely fulfilment and filing of drawback entries with CBP.
Your tasks and responsibilities
• - Strategy and business development
o- Develop U.S. drawback program targeted to existing and potential K N customers;
o- Support sales teams and branches with respect to drawback inquiries from customers;
o- Create official tailored proposals based on specific drawback requirements
o- Assist in responding to RFQ or RFI questions pertaining to drawback
o- Review opportunities for existing K N customers not currently taking advantage of duty drawback
• - Leadership and operational excellence
o- Monitor accuracy of output of drawback deliverables with respect to submissions to CBP.
• - Finance and controlling
o- Take measures to continuously improve the profitability and optimize costs.
Essential Job Duties
• - Prepare duty drawback entries for submission to CBP, including reviewing import and export data, data manipulation, calculation of claims, and ultimate delivery.
• - Draft and submit drawback rulings to CBP as necessary to a customer's specific circumstances and requirements.
• - Ability to retrieve and apply internal K N customer data to drawback submissions and drawback analysis.
• - Support client inquiries related to their ongoing drawback activities.
Secondary Job Duties
• - Support local branches where drawback questions arise from customers.
• - Maintain updated knowledge of drawback regulations to be used as part of activities. This knowledge is to be shared both internally and externally, as appropriate.
• - Maintain required regulatory record keeping.
Your skills and experience
• - Minimum 5 years Licensed Customs Brokerage experience
• - Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• - Analytical skills
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne Nagel
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Kuehne Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.