Philadelphia Gear's world-class engineering and technical staff provides our extensive customer base across the globe with a full-range of power transmission solutions for the world's Energy, Infrastructure and Defense industries. Philadelphia Gear customers depend on high-quality, reliable power transmission equipment to lower the cost of operation and reduce down time, while producing at the highest levels. Philadelphia Gear is ready to meet these challenges, bringing over 100 years of experience providing gearing for various industrial applications.
Philadephia Gear is currently seeking a Machinist to operate all machines in the machine shop as needed. To include, CNC, lathe, HBM, drill press, OD grinder, surface grinder, balancing machine, general inspection, and magnetic particle inspection. This particular position also includes operation of gear hobbing, gear grinding, & hob sharpner machines. And as needed, assisting mechanics with stacking up bearings and some assembly / disassembly assistance.
Position reports to the Service Center General Manager or Operations Manager, depending upon the facility structure.
· Perform all set-up and direct labor activities in the grinding and machining of gears, shafts, and gearbox related parts.
· Employ Lean manufacturing processes to reduce manufacturing cycle times, and review and improve department performance.
· Develop and maintain a "make to order" environment.
· Balance workload as required.
· Ensure achievement of customer quality requirements.
· Develop personal expertise in company-wide gear technology and work to improve the productivity and quality of products.
· Ensure the accuracy and integrity in labor and data reporting.
· Accountability for performance within guidelines of corporate standards, policies and procedures.
· Establish a good working relationship with peer groups and management team.
· Comply with all applicable government requirements.
Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. Must have both verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, along with ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization. Must have a high school degree or equivalent and 5+ years experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.