Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
To support a variety of activities for the Groeneveld Dayton operation ensuring that customer's requirements are being met in a timely and effective manner. This will require collaboration between various locations and departments such as the business unit branches, sales, scheduling, production and shipping/receiving departments.
This position is expected to be able to support all product lines supplied by the Dayton facility. In this capacity, additional responsibilities include arranging for freight, providing shipping documents, quoting parts, following up on quotes, assisting in accounts receivable calls to customers, etc.
- Serve as the liaison between Groeneveld operations and Groeneveld customers to ensure that orders are being fulfilled accurately, on time and in the proper prioritization
- Enter customer purchase orders into CRM database, generate sales order/pick slips, deliver pick slips to appropriate department within the warehouse.
- Relationship building with customers through open and honest communication
- Maintain an open dialogue with customers to ensure that level of satisfaction is being exceeded
- Effectively utilize various CRM tools to provide accurate and complete information (invoice copies, shipment tracking information, etc.) as requested
- Assist in resolving customer complaints in a timely and effective manner
- Request, communicate and maintain forecast information on future orders
- Ability to produce and employ various reports to capture information such as: order history, shipment schedules and account receivables
- Proactively identify and execute opportunities for improvement in the order fulfillment process
- Maintain positive and professional relationships with customers and prospects as well as co-workers, supervisors, managers and operators
- Provide backup support for co-workers during planned and unplanned absences, such as; vacation, unexpected illnesses, etc.
Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
Basic math skills
Microsoft office proficiency
Ability to develop knowledge of the product
CRM database experience
Operate with a strong sense of urgency for customer satisfaction
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.