To ensure that all trailers are cleaned according to established food safety and company standards and any maintenance defects are reported to Fleet Maintenance according to established company standards.
- Operates high pressure water hose to clean and sanitize insides of trailers according to established standards (e.g. proper disposal of trash, sweeping, pressure washing); keeps wash area free of debris and ensures all waste water is reclaimed.
- Inspect trailers for mechanical defects and report all defects to fleet maintenance supervisor.
- Maintains and safely operates all assigned equipment, including but not limited to pressure washer, moveable stairs and personal protective equipment.
- Ensures all environmental laws and food safety protocols are met according to established guidelines; assists with maintaining sanitary conditions with the trailers and truck yard.
- Follows preferred work methods at all times, and immediately advises management team of any unsafe conditions or environmental issues.
- Completes cleaning records in a timely manner, according to established company standards.
- Works assigned schedule and works overtime as needed; exhibits regular and predictable attendance. Other duties as assigned by Management.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma/General Education Degree (GED) or equivalent degree or the equivalent in work experience is required.
CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- CDL Class A experience preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: food safety policies, preferred work methods.
Skill in: communicating with co-workers; solving problems.
Ability to: read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to safety regulations; effectively plan and organize work activities independent of direct supervision; be flexible, prioritize work and solve problems; operate a pressure washer with waste water reclamation device and movable stairs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The associate is frequently required to lift , push, or move up to 50 pounds by hand and push/pull up to 100 pounds; climb in and out of a trailer, reach, bend and twist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is frequently exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts and may be required to work in confined spaces. The associate is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places. The associate is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the associate in this job. The associate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.