The Spartanburg operation is a state of the art coffee roasting and pod packaging facility in addition to hosting a full beverage distribution center. Spartanburg is the largest KDRP manufacturing and distribution location. The site will operate on the foundational principles of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance); leverage the principles of Lean manufacturing and harness the power of High Performance Teams. All associates at the Spartanburg site will have accountability to both a functional business unit in addition to the full site operation. The site will run on state of the art enterprise IT and manufacturing execution systems with highly automated processing, packaging, and material movement equipment.
As production scheduler, you will be responsible for evaluating demand signals from multiple sources and turning them into a production schedule which simultaneously meets customers' requirements and maximizes production efficiency. In addition to quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, superior interpersonal skills (written and oral communication) will be necessary to work with other planners, customers, customer service representatives, corporate management, plant management, purchasing, and production to prioritize/manage schedules and make changes quickly and effectively. You will also be in a critical role for inspiring teams of highly skilled, highly engaged employees and support a "team of teams" and Business Unit approach that will enable our employees to achieve extraordinary results. You will be part of an operations team that will work collaboratively across all functions to streamline efficiency of production and deliver world class safety, quality, and delivery performance. Working within a highly automated TPM-based environment. The production scheduler will be expected to drive disciplined execution of standardized processes through standard work and layered process audits, while teaching and facilitating structured problem solving techniques and process to drive waste out of the system and promote a culture of continuous improvement.
- Evaluating demand signals from multiple sources and turning them into a production schedule which simultaneously meets customers' requirements and maximizes production efficiency.
- Work with other planners, customers, customer service representatives, corporate management, plant management, purchasing, and production to prioritize/manage schedules and make changes quickly and effectively
- Works collaboratively with maintenance, quality, production and distribution center to reduce unplanned downtime and increase machine availability through the production schedule optimization for establishing and sustaining autonomous and preventive/predictive maintenance SOPs and TPM programs
- Participate in delivering upon the site safety goal of zero injuries by contributing, promoting and supporting safety culture through behavioral safety observations, facilitation of safety meetings, completion of regular safety audits and visible leadership moments, enforcement of lock-out/tag-out program, and 100% completion of all safety and regulatory training
- Enable achievement of Zero-defect performance and improvement to the customer experience by leading a right first time approach, participating in layered process audits to ensure all quality processes are being followed, and leading Root Cause Corrective Action efforts when defects do occur
- Lead cross functional focused improvement initiatives to streamline production scheduling, material flow and improved equipment efficiency to increase capacity and reduce operating expense
- Provide leadership and support to operations teams in support of site operational meeting cadence (production planning, TPM Starpoint, mini Business Unit, site leadership, and employee meetings)
- Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization's TPM and High Performing Team Principles, policies and applicable laws.
- Participate in full employee lifecycle from interviewing, hiring, and training to coaching, and developing all associates in material quality and material specification knowledge.
- Enable a culture of motivation, coaching and development of diverse, high performing and highly engaged teams to meet established goals and build organizational capability.
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or accounting preferred
- 5 years of experience applying a comprehensive, hands-on knowledge of procurement concepts, practices and procedures in a manufacturing environment (Work with other planners, customers, customer service representatives, corporate management, plant management, purchasing, and production)
- Experience with ISO, Lean, Six Sigma, Continuous Improvement strategy and/or TPM Certifications preferred
- 3 years of experience with SAP or similar manufacturing tracking systems
- 3 years of experience with Micro Soft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Ability to lift push pull up to 50 lbs and ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott's® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Candidates must be able to pass a background check and drug test, as applicable for the role.