Belt Operators-Fort Scott, KS Off Shifts:
Your Career Begins at Timken!
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Belt Operator in Fort Scott, KS - Evening & Overnight Shift
This position is responsible for operations on various types of machinery related to fabrication/assembly/production of power transmission belts as well as meeting production requirements, safety standards, and quality standards while also maintaining a clean work environment. Applicants must be willing & able to work all shifts: 11pm-7am, 7am-3pm, and 3pm-11pm M-F. Applicant's preference will be noted, but not guaranteed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Mathematical skills, analytical problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude very beneficial, manufacturing and/or machinery operation experience preferred
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment while meeting production and quality goals and the ability to multitask
- Ability to work in a goal oriented environment and adapt easily to change
- Ability to stand for the duration of the shift and to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently throughout shift
- Successfully pass a background check and physical exam including hair sample.
Starting wage is $12.84 and step increases over first 15 months for a top rate of 17.93 hr., 35 cent shift premium for off shifts. Medical, Prescription, Dental, & Vision benefits immediately upon hire. Vacation accrues after your first full calendar month worked. 401(k) and other benefits available after a waiting period.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.