Graymont, Pilot Peak Plant, is currently seeking an experienced Quarry Supervisor to join the staff in managing the Pilot Peak Lime Plant.
United States - NV - Wendover
The Pilot Peak Plant is located 13 miles of West Wendover, NV and consists of three rotary lime kilns and a hydrator. The Quarry Supervisor will manage a crew of 23 employees, 18+ pieces of mobile equipment and a crushing plant. The Quarry Supervisor is responsible for safety, environmental compliance, and execution of the mine plan, quality/grade control and all aspects of quarrying for our four million ton per year limestone quarry. This position will work a 4/10 compressed work schedule, Monday - Thursday. Housing assistance available for candidates commuting from out of the area.
The successful candidate will work closely with our central mining/geology group to develop, maintain and execute the mine plan. This individual will work closely with both the kiln and maintenance departments to ensure safety, quality and the highest possible equipment availability. The Quarry Supervisor will deliver measurable results in safety, environmental, quality, productivity and financial performance through the effective and efficient use of people, resources and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The successful applicant is expected to take a hands-on approach and will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure the highest standards are achieved and maintained in terms of safety, environmental performance, quality, and efficiency in our drive to become world class.
- Manage the activities of quarry production crews to meet established business and production objectives.
- Ensure the stone feed to the plant meets established quality standards, fully utilizing quality control systems and procedures.
- Prepare the schedule and operating instructions for work areas to meet production and inventory levels throughout the operation.
- Requisition and schedule the necessary maintenance to keep equipment and facility in top condition to optimize production flow.
- Survey, stake and establish roads, ramps and new benches for mining areas.
- Develop annual operating and capital budget and manage quarry costs to budget.
- Work with our corporate mining and geology group to develop and execute long and short term mine plans.
- Complete annual production reporting including reclamation, disturbance and extraction in the quarries.
- Ensure continual compliance with MSHA, Nevada Division of Environment and ATF regulations.
- Evaluate projects and equipment for continuous improvement including technical and financial recommendations for capital expenditures, equipment selection and replacement.
- Train, coach and develop plant employees to perform at their highest level.
- Adhere to the strictest safety procedures and make recommendations for improvements when necessary.
- Perform on-call duties in rotation with leadership team. Additional work hours will be required, from time to time, outside of the normal work week.
- Other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Proven team building and solid leadership skills.
- Self-directed, results oriented and highly motivated requiring minimal direct guidance.
- Bachelor of Science in Mining engineering or Geological Sciences preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum of five years of practical experience in managing all aspects of quarrying with proven experience in leadership and interpersonal skills including influence, motivation, and employee performance reviews and managing personnel matters.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), people skills (ability to coach and motivate), organizational skills, analytical and decision making and an understanding of financial analysis and capital budgeting.
- Strong mining and interpretive skills to solve problems and ensure consistent quality of stone feed.
- A high level of computer skills (JDE, Excel and MSOffice) and experience in Gemcom mine planning software is preferred.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards (Oracle) or similar systems.