Reporting to the Manager, Budgeting and Financial Analysis, the Financial Analyst will provide key support during Graymont's forecasting and budgeting cycles.
Canada - BC - Richmond
Graymont is a global leader in lime and limestone solutions. Our products are essential in addressing today's most pressing environmental issues while supporting vital industrial processes and agricultural needs. Uses for our products include the purification of air and water, and the production of items essential to a modern economy such as steel, paper, and metals. Headquartered in Canada, Graymont serves markets throughout North America and Asia-Pacific. Graymont is also the strategic partner of Mexican-based Grupo Calidra, the largest lime producer in Latin America.
Graymont's growing business focuses on technology and application innovation. To achieve this, Graymont supports the training and development of its employees and gives them opportunities to explore their careers across Graymont's technological, engineering, environmental and finance functions, among others. Employees at Graymont receive competitive compensation and health care benefits and may also qualify for financial support for ongoing learning and development to help them reach their full potential.
As a valued business partner to all parts of the organization, the Finance team provides timely information and analysis that drive good decision making. Our team is built on a high sense of camaraderie and a commitment to cascading relevant business and operational information to all levels of the team. Visit www.graymont.com to find out more or check out of Glassdoor and LinkedIn profiles.
Reporting to the Manager, Budgeting and Financial Analysis, the Financial Analyst will provide key support during Graymont's forecasting and budgeting cycles. As a Financial Analyst, you will perform ongoing financial analysis of trends and variances of actual results against past results as well as comparisons of actual results against forecasts and budgets. In this role, you will also perform ongoing financial analysis that will be used to further decision making. Although based in Graymont's Head Office in Richmond, British Columbia, the Financial Analyst will collaborate with and support different functions such as sales, operations, finance, and information services across the company's global operations.
In keeping with its commitment to develop and grow talent, Graymont is seeking a candidate who is a recent graduate from an MBA program looking to initiate their career in financial analysis. Accordingly, we are interested in hearing from you if you have no previous finance experience but are a self-starter with a positive attitude towards learning and self-development and thrive when working in a collaborative environment. You will work with a team of experienced and dedicated finance professionals providing on the job training. And, through our formal performance review process, you will receive regular feedback and development to assist in your professional growth.
Please include a copy of your transcripts with your application.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate can expect to be involved in the following areas, with training and support as required:
- Support the forecasting and budgeting processes
- Work with various functions throughout Graymont to gather key information required for the forecasting and budgeting process
- Assist with the preparation of forecasted financial statements
- Balance sheets
- Profit and loss statements
- Supporting schedules such as amortization, fixed asset continuity, etc.
- Provide insightful and accurate reporting analysis of forecast data
- Sales and customer mix variances
- Cost variances
- Foreign exchange and other sensitivities
- Provide administrative support throughout the forecast and budgeting process
- Prepare and distribute schedule of deliverables
- Coordinate and schedule key forecast meetings
- Assist in preparation of monthly and quarterly financial analysis
- Identify and document forecast versus actual variances
- Identify and document historical results variances
- Communicate results of analysis so others can understand
- Work with the Graymont's Information Systems function in various capacities
- Assist with improving financial reporting capabilities
- Development and testing of automated reports and tools
- Provide support for Graymont's forecasting system tool
- Testing and validation of forecasting model data in preparation for each forecasting cycle
- Support testing and implementation of modifications to the forecasting system
- Involvement with ad hoc analysis
- Recent completion of an MBA program
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel