Mondelēz International, Inc. empowers people to snack right in over 160 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 90,000 colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people and great brands. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack, for the right moment, made the right way.
In Research, Development & Quality (RD&Q), your skills can be the special ingredient that brings our brands to life. As part of a fantastic team of scientists, engineers and nutritionists, you'll work tirelessly on product design or development, process development, quality, nutrition, sensory and food safety aspects to ensure we deliver a consistent, delightful consumer experience. RD&Q is where you'll turn great ideas into brilliant brands.
This is a Packaging Development RD&Q position in the NA Biscuit Category responsible for delivering against the SCR Program. The individual must possess experience in package development and plant trial execution during the commercialization process in a fast-paced environment.
The individual must possess strong technical skills and the ability to learn on the fly. A minimum of 2 yrs. experience is required preferably in the food industry with a proven track record of executing successful plant trials for RD&Q. This candidate must demonstrate the ability to be a strong team player representing our technical organization. Must be able to find technical solutions when problems are identified during the qualification of packaging lines and timely and effectively communicate to key stakeholders.
Internal and external contacts: The position reports to Sr. Group Leader, Biscuit Packaging, NA RD&Q
Key stakeholders include :
- NA Packaging RD&Q Biscuit Core Group Leadership (Crackers/Cookies) and Brand Stewards in Packaging.
- Biscuit Operations (BD's and Plant Mgr's).
- External Manufacturing.
- Business brand leads.
- Product Development group leads.
- External Suppliers
Experience: 2-4 years in a packaging development or process development role working with plant personnel and management. Capacity expansion experience preferred. Functional /Technical Expertise:
- Experience working in a Research, Development and Quality function.
- Experience managing projects within a plant environment (Product Development, Process Technology, New Product Commercialization, etc.).
- Planning and project management abilities.
- Experience in package development processes.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in development, trials and commercialization of packaging initiatives.
- Packaging Materials: apply technical material knowledge to current projects; provide technical based solutions.
- Packaging Equipment: apply knowledge of equipment, operation, capacities, limitations, and potential mechanical shortfalls.
- Packaging Evaluation: apply knowledge of test methodologies for packaging materials specification development. Identify gaps within internal testing capabilities. Be able to recommend additional critical parameters as well as be able to outline procedures and work with quality teams.
- Graphics: apply knowledge around the printing process to determine how it affects package performance. Effectively apply to business issues and make appropriate recommendations.
- Product Packaging interactions: apply knowledge of product, process, and package interactions along with modes of failure to make material recommendations and narrow down variables during development process.
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to effectively communicate to all levels within the organization.
- Ability to get results through working with a diverse team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage complexity.
- Executional excellence, time management and problem-solving competencies.
- Travel up to 50%.
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing a Resume/CV, in order to be considered for this position.